April is the month when the temperature starts to rise in most parts of India, making it an ideal time for honeymooners to visit some of the most beautiful and romantic destinations in the country. Whether you are looking for a serene and tranquil escape or an adventurous and fun-filled experience, India has something for everyone.
However, it’s important to note that April can be a hot and humid month in many parts of India, especially in the northern and western regions. That being said, there are still plenty of places that can offer a memorable honeymoon experience during this time.
In this blog, we will explore some of the best honeymoon places in India in April. Here are the top 10 + best honeymoon places in India in April.
Best honeymoon Places in India in April
10. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Let,s know briefly the Best honeymoon Places in India in April
Known as the “Paradise on Earth,” Kashmir is a beautiful destination for honeymooners. The weather in April is mild, making it a great time to explore the stunning landscape.
Kashmir is often considered one of the most romantic and picturesque destinations in India, making it a popular choice for honeymooners. The breathtaking natural beauty of the region, with its snow-capped mountains, shimmering lakes, lush green valleys, and cascading waterfalls, sets the perfect backdrop for a memorable and romantic honeymoon.
Here are some of the things you can do in Kashmir:
1. Take a Shikara ride on Dal Lake: A Shikara is a traditional wooden boat that is widely used for transportation and sightseeing in Kashmir. Taking a ride on Dal Lake in a Shikara is a popular activity that offers stunning views of the surrounding mountains and the floating markets.
2. Trekking: Kashmir is a trekker’s paradise with numerous trekking routes that offer spectacular views of the Himalayas. Some popular trekking routes include the Kashmir Great Lakes Trek, Tarsar Marsar Trek, and the Amarnath Yatra.
3. Skiing and snowboarding: The ski resorts in Gulmarg and Pahalgam offer skiing and snowboarding opportunities during the winter months. These resorts have trained instructors and provide equipment on rent for tourists.
4. Visit the Mughal Gardens: Srinagar is known for its Mughal Gardens, which include Shalimar Bagh, Nishat Bagh, and Chashme Shahi. These gardens are well-maintained and offer a serene environment for a relaxing stroll.
5. Explore the local markets: The markets in Kashmir are known for their traditional handicrafts, including Pashmina shawls, carpets, and wooden artifacts. You can explore the local markets in Srinagar, Gulmarg, and Pahalgam to buy souvenirs and local products.
6. Visit the Vaishno Devi Temple: The Vaishno Devi Temple is located in Katra, which is around 60 kilometers from Jammu. This temple is dedicated to the Hindu goddess Vaishno Devi and is one of the most revered shrines in India.
2. Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Manali is a great place for honeymooners, known for its snow-capped peaks, lush forests, and adventure activities. It is a beautiful hill station located in the state of Himachal Pradesh in India and offers a romantic and scenic setting for couples. It is a popular destination for honeymooners.
Here are some things honeymooners can do in Manali:
1. Enjoy the scenic beauty: Manali is surrounded by snow-capped mountains, lush green forests, and gushing rivers. Take a leisurely walk with your partner and enjoy the stunning views.
2. Visit Rohtang Pass: This high mountain pass offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and is a popular spot for adventure activities like skiing and snowboarding.
3. Explore the local markets: Manali is known for its bustling markets that offer a variety of handicrafts, jewelry, and clothes. Spend an afternoon exploring the markets with your partner.
4. Indulge in adventure activities: Manali is famous for adventure activities like paragliding, river rafting, and trekking. Try these activities with your partner for an adrenaline rush.
5. Visit hot springs: Manali is home to natural hot springs, which are said to have medicinal properties. Spend some time relaxing in the hot springs with your partner.
6. Enjoy a spa session: Manali has several spas and wellness centers that offer traditional Ayurvedic massages and other treatments. Treat yourself and your partner to a 🥰🥰🥰 relaxing spa session.
3. Darjeeling, West Bengal
Darjeeling, nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas, is a perfect place for a honeymoon in April. With its stunning tea plantations, majestic mountains, and cool climate, Darjeeling offers a unique and romantic experience. You can take a ride on the famous Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, explore the local markets, and sample some of the local delicacies.
If you are feeling adventurous, you can also go trekking in the nearby hills or go on a wildlife safari in the nearby forests.
Here are some things honeymooners can do in Darjeeling:
1. Take a romantic stroll in the Tea Gardens: Darjeeling is famous for its tea gardens, and a walk through the lush green tea plantations is a must-do activity for honeymooners. The scenery is stunning, and the fresh air and peaceful environment make for a romantic experience.
2. Enjoy a sunrise at Tiger Hill: Watching the sunrise from Tiger Hill is one of the most popular things to do in Darjeeling. The hill offers a spectacular view of the sun rising over the Kanchenjunga mountain range, and the experience is unforgettable.
3. Visit the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway: The Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, also known as the Toy Train, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a popular attraction in Darjeeling. Honeymooners can take a ride on the Toy Train and enjoy the scenic views along the way.
4. Explore the local markets: Darjeeling has several bustling markets that offer a wide range of products, including tea, handicrafts, and local food. Honeymooners can spend some time browsing the markets, trying out local delicacies, and picking up souvenirs.
5. Go on a hiking or trekking expedition: Darjeeling has several hiking and trekking routes that offer breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys. Honeymooners can take a guided trek or hike and enjoy the beauty of the Himalayas.
6. Visit the monasteries: Darjeeling is home to several ancient monasteries, including the Ghum Monastery and the Yiga Choling Monastery. These monasteries offer a peaceful and serene environment, and honeymooners can visit them to learn about the local culture and traditions
4. Mussoorie, West Bengal
Mussoorie is a popular destination for honeymooners due to its scenic beauty and serene atmosphere. Located in the foothills of the Himalayas, Mussoorie is known for its picturesque landscapes, pleasant climate, and romantic ambiance. Overall, Mussoorie is a great choice for honeymooners who are looking for a serene and scenic destination to celebrate their love.
Here are some things you can do in Mussoorie on your honeymoon:
1. Enjoy a scenic drive: Take a leisurely drive through the winding roads of Mussoorie, and enjoy the breathtaking views of the mountains and valleys.
2. Trek to Kempty Falls: Take a romantic trek to Kempty Falls, one of the most popular tourist attractions in Mussoorie. The falls are surrounded by lush green forests, and you can take a dip in the cool waters.
3. Take a cable car ride: Take a cable car ride from Mall Road to Gun Hill and enjoy the panoramic views of the town.
4. Explore the town: Stroll through the town’s quaint streets, explore the local markets, and indulge in some shopping.
5. Visit the temples: Visit the ancient temples of Mussoorie, including the Kali Temple, the Jwala Devi Temple, and the Nag Devta Temple.
6. Stay in a romantic resort: There are many romantic resorts in Mussoorie that offer breathtaking views of the mountains and valleys and provide luxurious amenities to make your honeymoon special.
Rajasthan is a wonderful destination for honeymooners who are looking for a mix of history, culture, romance, and adventure. Here are some of the top honeymoon destinations in Rajasthan. Overall, Rajasthan has plenty of options to offer to honeymooners, from luxurious palaces and serene lakes to desert safaris and wildlife sanctuaries.
Here are some things you can do in Rajasthan:
1. Udaipur: Known as the “City of Lakes”, Udaipur is a romantic destination with scenic landscapes and rich history. The city’s majestic palaces, tranquil lakes, and narrow alleys are perfect for romantic strolls.
2. Jaipur: Also known as the “Pink City”, Jaipur is a perfect blend of old-world charm and modern amenities. The city’s stunning forts, palaces, and museums are ideal for honeymooners who love history and culture.
3. Jaisalmer: Jaisalmer is a desert city known for its sandstone architecture, camel safaris, and camping under the stars. The city’s golden sand dunes offer a unique and romantic experience.
4. Pushkar: Pushkar is a small town known for its vibrant culture and spirituality. The town’s holy lake, temples, and colorful bazaars make for a charming honeymoon destination.
5. Mount Abu: Mount Abu is the only hill station in Rajasthan, located on the Aravalli Range. The town’s scenic landscapes, cool climate, and serene atmosphere make it an ideal honeymoon destination.
6. Ranthambore: Ranthambore National Park is a wildlife sanctuary located in the Sawai Madhopur district of Rajasthan. The park’s tiger reserves and lush forests make for a unique and adventurous honeymoon destination.
Kerala, also known as God’s Own Country, is one of the most popular honeymoon destinations in India. With its serene backwaters, lush green forests, and beautiful beaches, Kerala offers a unique and romantic experience.
You can take a ride on a traditional houseboat on the backwaters, explore the local markets, and indulge in some of the delicious local cuisines. If you are feeling adventurous, you can also go trekking in the nearby hills or visit some of the nearby wildlife sanctuaries.
Here are some of the things you can do and places you can visit in Kerala for your honeymoon:
1. Houseboat Cruise: A houseboat cruise through the tranquil backwaters of Kerala is a romantic experience that you should not miss. You can spend a night on a houseboat and enjoy the serene surroundings while having delicious local cuisine.
2. Beaches: Kerala has many beautiful beaches, such as Kovalam, Varkala, and Marari, where you can spend some quality time with your partner.
3. Hill Stations: Kerala is home to some of the most scenic hill stations in India, including Munnar, Wayanad, and Thekkady. You can enjoy the misty mountains, lush greenery, and romantic weather of these hill stations.
4. Ayurveda: Kerala is also famous for its Ayurveda treatments, which can help you relax and rejuvenate. You can try couple’s massages, spa treatments, and other Ayurvedic therapies with your partner.
5. Culture and History: Kerala has a rich cultural and historical heritage, with many ancient temples, palaces, and museums. You can explore these places and learn about Kerala’s fascinating history and traditions.
7. Ooty, Tamil Nadu
Ooty, also known as Udhagamandalam, is a picturesque hill station in the southern Indian state of Tamil Nadu, and it can be a great place for a honeymoon.
Overall, Ooty is a beautiful and romantic destination for a honeymoon, with its lush green landscapes, serene lakes, and scenic views.
Here are some of the things you can do and places you can visit in Ooty for your honeymoon:
1. Botanical Gardens: The Government Botanical Garden in Ooty is a beautiful place to visit with your partner. You can take a stroll among the exotic trees and plants, enjoy the scenic beauty, and click some romantic pictures.
2. Doddabetta Peak: A trip to the highest peak in the Nilgiri Hills, Doddabetta Peak, is a must-do activity when in Ooty. You can enjoy the panoramic views of the surrounding hills and valleys and capture some beautiful memories.
3. Ooty Lake: Ooty Lake is a scenic spot where you can enjoy a boat ride with your partner, soak in the breathtaking views, and take a leisurely walk around the lake.
4. Tea Estates: Ooty is famous for its tea plantations, and you can visit one of the many tea estates in the area to learn about the tea-making process and enjoy some freshly brewed tea.
5. Toy Train Ride: A ride on the Nilgiri Mountain Railway, also known as the toy train, is a unique and romantic experience. You can take a slow and scenic ride through the hills, enjoying the natural beauty of the surroundings.
8. Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Agra, home to the world-famous Taj Mahal, is a perfect place for a honeymoon in April. With its stunning architecture, beautiful gardens, and rich history, Agra offers a unique and romantic experience.
You can visit the Taj Mahal, explore the local markets, and sample some of the local delicacies. If you are feeling adventurous, you can also go on a hot air balloon ride over the city or visit some of the nearby historical sites.
Here are some things you can do in Agra:
1. Taj Mahal: No trip to Agra is complete without visiting the Taj Mahal, one of the most beautiful and iconic structures in the world. Take a stroll with your partner around the gardens surrounding the Taj Mahal, and watch the sunrise or sunset together.
2. Agra Fort: Agra Fort is a UNESCO World Heritage site and an excellent example of Mughal architecture. The fort was built in the 16th century and has beautiful palaces, gardens, and courtyards.
3. Mehtab Bagh: This is a beautiful park located across the river from the Taj Mahal. It offers a spectacular view of the Taj Mahal, making it an ideal spot for a romantic picnic or a sunset stroll.
4. Fatehpur Sikri: A historic town near Agra, Fatehpur Sikri is another UNESCO World Heritage site worth visiting. It is home to stunning Mughal-era buildings, including the Jama Masjid and the Buland Darwaza.
5. Spa and wellness: Many luxury hotels in Agra offer spa and wellness services, which can be a perfect way to unwind and relax with your partner.
6. Local cuisine: Agra is known for its delicious cuisine, including Mughlai dishes such as biryani, kebabs, and tandoori chicken. Be sure to try some of these dishes while you’re in Agra.
9. Munnar, Kerala
Munnar is a great destination for a honeymoon in Kerala. It is a picturesque hill station located in the Western Ghats of Kerala and offers stunning views of the mountains and valleys. With its beautiful scenery, peaceful atmosphere, and numerous activities for couples to enjoy.
Here are some romantic things to do in Munnar:
1. Take a romantic walk through the tea gardens: Munnar is known for its vast tea gardens, and taking a stroll through them can be a romantic experience.
2. Visit the Top Station: This is the highest point in Munnar and offers stunning views of the surrounding hills and valleys.
3. Go for a trek: Munnar has several trekking routes that lead to scenic viewpoints and waterfalls.
4. Enjoy a romantic picnic: You can pack a picnic basket and head to one of the many picturesque spots in Munnar.
5. Visit the tea museum: Learn about the history of tea and how it is produced at the tea museum in Munnar.
6. Stay in a treehouse: Many resorts in Munnar offer treehouse accommodation, which can be a unique and romantic experience.
10. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands, located in the Bay of Bengal, offer a perfect getaway for honeymooners looking for a peaceful and secluded experience. With its stunning beaches, crystal-clear waters, and vibrant marine life, the islands offer a unique and romantic experience.
You can spend your days lounging on the beach, exploring the local markets, and trying out some of the local cuisines. If you are feeling adventurous, you can also go scuba diving, snorkeling, or take a boat ride to some of the nearby islands.
Here are some things you can do during your honeymoon in Andaman and Nicobar Islands:
Beach Hopping: The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are known for their beautiful beaches. Some of the popular beaches to visit are Radhanagar Beach, Elephant Beach, and Kalapathar Beach. You can spend your day lounging on the beach, enjoying the sun, and taking a dip in the sea.
Snorkeling and Scuba Diving: The islands are home to some of the best diving sites in the world. You can go snorkeling or scuba diving to explore the underwater world and witness colorful marine life.
Island Hopping: There are around 572 islands in Andaman and Nicobar, and you can explore a few of them during your honeymoon. Some of the popular islands to visit are Neil Island, Ross Island, and Havelock Island.
Nature Walks: The islands are home to lush green forests, and you can take a nature walk to explore the flora and fauna of the region.
Romantic Dinner: You can enjoy a romantic dinner on the beach or at one of the many restaurants on the islands. When planning your honeymoon to Andaman and Nicobar Islands, make sure to book your accommodation and activities in advance. The best time to visit is between October and May when the weather is pleasant, and the sea is calm.
Goa is undoubtedly one of the most popular honeymoon destinations in India. With its stunning beaches, delicious food, and vibrant nightlife, Goa has something for everyone. April is an excellent time to visit Goa as the weather is pleasant, and the crowds have thinned out.
You can spend your days lounging on the beach, exploring the local markets, and trying out some of the local cuisines. If you are looking for some adventure, you can also try water sports like parasailing, jet skiing, and scuba diving.
Here are some things you can do in Goa:
1. Beaches: Goa is known for its beautiful beaches, which can be a romantic setting for couples. Some popular beaches for honeymooners include Baga Beach, Anjuna Beach, and Calangute Beach.
2. Nightlife: Goa is also known for its vibrant nightlife, with numerous bars and clubs where you can enjoy drinks and dancing with your partner.
3. Culture: Goa has a rich cultural heritage, with Portuguese influences that can be seen in the architecture, food, and lifestyle. Exploring the culture of Goa can be a unique and enriching experience for couples.
4. Adventure activities: Goa offers a range of adventure activities such as water sports, trekking, and hot air balloon rides, which can be thrilling experiences for couples.
5. Accommodations: Goa has a variety of accommodation options ranging from luxury resorts to budget-friendly hotels, making it an accessible destination for all budgets.
Some of the best honeymoon places in India in April include destinations such as Goa, Ooty, Darjeeling, and Rajasthan. These places offer a romantic atmosphere, pleasant weather, and a range of activities to make your honeymoon memorable. Each of these destinations has its own unique charm and attractions, making them perfect for couples looking to celebrate their love ❤️ and start their married life together in a special way. Ultimately, the best honeymoon place in India in April depends on your personal preferences, budget, and travel goals.
FAQ(Frequently asked question)
1. Which place is best for a honeymoon in April in India?
Ans. India has plenty of beautiful destinations that make for a perfect honeymoon getaway in April. Here are some of the top picks for you Kashmir, Manali, Darjeeling, Mussoorie, Rajasthan, Kerala, and Ooty Agra.
2. Where are the best place to honeymoon in April?
Ans. If you are looking for the Best place for a honeymoon in April month. Then you should have to visit the upper north area and you can also go to Andaman and Nicobar Islands. April is the month when the temperature starts to rise in most parts of India. it’s important to note that April can be a hot and humid month in many parts of India, especially in the northern and western regions.
3. Which is the most romantic place for a honeymoon in India?
Ans. India is a country of diverse cultures, landscapes, and experiences, offering plenty of romantic honeymoon destinations for newlyweds. Ultimately, the most romantic place for a honeymoon in India depends on the couple’s preferences and interests.
4. Which location is the best for a honeymoon in India in May?
Ans. India has many beautiful honeymoon destinations that are perfect for a May honeymoon. Here are some of the best options: 1. Ladakh, 2. Shimla 3. Manali 4. Goa 5. Ooty. These are just a few options India has many other beautiful honeymoon destinations that you can explore based on your preferences and interests.