March is a perfect time to plan your honeymoon in India, as the weather is pleasant and comfortable, and you can explore a range of destinations across the country. From the pristine beaches to the snow-capped mountains, India has it all.
As the winter season fades away and the spring sets in, March is the perfect time for a romantic getaway for newlyweds. India is a diverse country with an array of options for honeymooners looking for a memorable vacation. Here are some of the Best honeymoon Places in India in March.
Best honeymoon Places in India in March
1. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Let,s know briefly the Best honeymoon Places in India in March
1. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
If you are looking for a romantic beach getaway, Andaman and Nicobar Islands are the perfect places. The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are a group of islands situated in the Bay of Bengal. It is a perfect destination for couples who want to spend some quality time in solitude.
The islands are blessed with pristine beaches, crystal-clear waters, and beautiful coral reefs. Havelock Island, Radhanagar Beach, and Neil Island are some of the popular tourist spots in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
The islands are famous for their turquoise blue waters, white sandy beaches, and scenic coral reefs. You can indulge in water sports like scuba diving, snorkeling, and parasailing, or relax on the beach and soak in the sun.
These tropical islands in the Bay of Bengal offer pristine beaches, turquoise waters, and diverse marine life. Enjoy water sports, snorkeling, and scuba diving.
What you can do in Andaman and Nicobar Island:
1. Scuba Diving: Andaman and Nicobar Islands are known for their rich marine life and coral reefs. Scuba diving is a popular activity that lets you explore the underwater world and experience the beauty of marine life up close.
2. Snorkeling: Snorkelling is a less intense but equally exciting way to explore the underwater world. The islands have many snorkeling spots where you can see colorful fishes and coral reefs.
3. Beach Hopping: The islands are home to some of the most beautiful beaches in India, and beach hopping is a great way to experience the diversity of these beaches.
4. Cellular Jail: The Cellular Jail in Port Blair is a significant historical landmark and a must-visit for history buffs. It was used by the British to imprison Indian freedom fighters.
5. Ross Island: Ross Island, located near Port Blair, is another historical landmark that was once the administrative headquarters of the British.
6. Trekking: Andaman and Nicobar Islands offer many trekking opportunities for adventure enthusiasts. The islands have lush forests, beautiful landscapes, and scenic views that make trekking a memorable experience.
2. Udaipur, Rajasthan
Known as the city of lakes, Udaipur is a perfect destination for a romantic honeymoon. The city is home to several palaces and forts, including the famous City Palace, which overlooks Lake Pichola.
Couples can take a boat ride on Lake Pichola, visit the City Palace, and explore beautiful gardens like Saheliyon ki Bari and Gulab Bagh. The city also has some amazing rooftop restaurants where couples can enjoy a romantic dinner under the stars.
Known as the “Venice of the East,” Udaipur is a romantic city in Rajasthan with stunning palaces, lakes, and gardens.
What you can do in Udaipur, Rajasthan:
1. Visit City Palace: City Palace is one of the most popular tourist attractions in Udaipur. This beautiful palace complex boasts stunning architecture, intricate carvings, and magnificent views of Lake Pichola.
2. Take a boat ride on Lake Pichola: Lake Pichola is a beautiful lake in Udaipur that offers scenic boat rides. You can enjoy the stunning views of the city and the surrounding hills while gliding over the tranquil waters.
3. Explore the Jagdish Temple: The Jagdish Temple is a beautiful Hindu temple in Udaipur’s heart. The temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is known for its intricate carvings and beautiful architecture.
4. Visit the Monsoon Palace: The Monsoon Palace is a beautiful palace located on a hilltop overlooking the city of Udaipur. The castle was built to provide a retreat for the royal family during the monsoon season and offers breathtaking views of the city.
5. Enjoy a traditional Rajasthani meal: Udaipur is known for its delicious Rajasthani cuisine, which includes dishes like dal baati churma, gatte ki sabzi, and laal maas. You can visit one of the many restaurants in the city to sample these delicacies.
6. Shop at the local markets: Udaipur is known for its vibrant markets, where you can shop for traditional Rajasthani handicrafts, textiles, and jewelry. Some popular markets in the city include Hathi Pol Bazaar, Bada Bazaar, and Shilpgram.
3. Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Agra is famous for the iconic Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. The monument is a symbol of love and an iconic destination for honeymooners. You can explore the Mughal architecture, enjoy a romantic sunset view of the Taj Mahal, and take a stroll in the gardens of the monument.
Agra – Agra is home to the iconic Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World. Explore the Mughal-era monuments, visit the Agra Fort, and enjoy the local cuisine.
What you can do in Agra, Uttar Pradesh:
1. Taj Mahal: No trip to Agra is complete without a visit to the Taj Mahal. It’s a mausoleum built by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in memory of his wife Mumtaz Mahal.
2. Agra Fort: This is another UNESCO World Heritage Site in Agra. It was built in the 16th century and served as the residence of the Mughal emperors.
3. Itmad-ud-Daulah’s Tomb: Also known as the “Baby Taj,” this tomb is a Mughal mausoleum built for the father of Nur Jahan, a powerful Mughal empress.
4. Mehtab Bagh: This garden is located across the Yamuna River from the Taj Mahal and provides a stunning view of the Taj.
5. Fatehpur Sikri: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Fatehpur Sikri is an abandoned city built by the Mughal emperor Akbar in the 16th century.
6. Jama Masjid: This mosque is one of the largest in India and was built by the Mughal emperor Shah Jahan.
4. Darjeeling, West Bengal
If you are looking for a romantic hill station getaway, then Darjeeling is the perfect destination for you. Darjeeling is a picturesque hill station located in West Bengal. The town is famous for its tea plantations, scenic views of the Himalayas, and colonial architecture.
Couples can take a ride on the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, also known as the toy train, visit the Buddhist monasteries, and go on a trek in the mountains and enjoy the panoramic views of the Himalayas. The city also has some beautiful monasteries and temples that are worth visiting.
What you can do in Darjeeling, West Bengal:
1. Visit Tiger Hill: It is famous for its sunrise view and panoramic view of the Himalayan range, including Mount Everest.
2. Take a ride on the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway: Also known as the “Toy Train,” it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and offers a scenic ride through the hills and tea plantations.
3. Explore the tea gardens: Darjeeling is famous for its tea plantations, and visiting one of the many tea gardens is a must-do activity. You can take a tour of the garden, learn about the tea-making process, and sample different varieties of tea.
4. Visit the Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park: This is a high-altitude wildlife park where you can see rare and endangered Himalayan species, such as the snow leopard and red panda.
5. Visit the Mahakal Temple: It is an important Hindu temple located on the summit of Observatory Hill, and it offers a beautiful view of the town and surrounding hills.
6. Visit the Japanese Peace Pagoda: It is a beautiful white pagoda built by the Japanese Buddhist monk Nichidatsu Fujii, and it offers a stunning view of the town and the Himalayan range.
Goa is one of the most popular honeymoon destinations in India. It is famous for its beautiful beaches, Portuguese architecture, and seafood. The state has a unique blend of Indian and Portuguese cultures, which makes it an ideal destination for a romantic honeymoon.
Couples can take long walks on the beaches, indulge in water sports, and explore the beautiful churches and forts. Goa is also known for its vibrant nightlife and parties, which is perfect for couples who want to let their hair down and have fun.
What you can do in Goa:
1. Visit the beaches: Goa has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. Some of the popular ones include Baga Beach, Calangute Beach, Anjuna Beach, and Palolem Beach.
2. Enjoy water sports: You can indulge in a variety of water sports like jet skiing, parasailing, banana boat rides, and scuba diving in Goa.
3. Visit historic sites: Goa has a rich history, and there are several historical sites that you can visit like the Basilica of Bom Jesus, Fort Aguada, and the Chapora Fort.
4. Enjoy the nightlife: Goa is known for its vibrant nightlife. You can party all night long at the numerous bars and clubs in the state.
5. Try the local cuisine: Goa is famous for its seafood and traditional Goan cuisine. Make sure you try some of the local delicacies like vindaloo, sorpotel, and fish curry.
6. Visit the spice plantations: Goa is known for its spice plantations. You can take a guided tour of one of the plantations and learn about the various spices that are grown in Goa.
Kerala is known as “God’s Own Country” and is a perfect destination for a romantic honeymoon. The state is famous for its backwaters, beaches, and lush green forests.
You can explore the backwaters on a houseboat, enjoy a romantic sunset on the beach, and indulge in a relaxing Ayurvedic massage.
Explore the tea plantations in Munnar, and relax on the beaches of Kovalam.
What you can do in Kerala:
1. Explore the backwaters: Kerala’s backwaters are a unique network of lagoons, lakes, and canals that offer a serene and peaceful experience. You can take a leisurely boat ride through the backwaters and enjoy the scenic beauty of the region.
2. Visit hill stations: Kerala has several beautiful hill stations like Munnar, Wayanad, and Vagamon. These places are known for their picturesque landscapes, tea plantations, and wildlife sanctuaries.
3. Attend cultural festivals: Kerala has a rich cultural heritage and is known for its festivals. Some of the popular festivals that you can attend are Onam, Vishu, and Thrissur Pooram.
4. Visit beaches: Kerala has several beautiful beaches like Kovalam, Varkala, and Cherai. You can relax on the beach, take a dip in the sea, or indulge in water sports.
5. Experience Ayurvedic treatments: Kerala is known for its Ayurvedic treatments that offer relaxation and rejuvenation. You can try out massages, herbal treatments, and yoga to unwind and de-stress.
7. Jaipur, Rajasthan
Jaipur is known as the Pink City and is one of the most vibrant cities in India. It is famous for its beautiful palaces, forts, and monuments.
Couples can visit the Amber Fort, Hawa Mahal, and City Palace, and explore the colorful markets. The city also has some amazing rooftop restaurants where couples can enjoy a romantic dinner with a view of the city.
What you can do in Jaipur, Rajasthan:
1. Visit the Amber Fort: This impressive fortress is located on a hill overlooking the city and is known for its intricate carvings and beautiful mirror work.
2. Explore the City Palace: This sprawling palace complex is a mix of Rajasthani and Mughal architecture and houses several museums and art galleries.
3. Walk through the Hawa Mahal: Also known as the “Palace of Winds,” this beautiful structure was built in the 18th century for the royal ladies to watch processions and other activities from behind the intricate latticework.
4. Shop at the Johari Bazaar: This bustling marketplace is famous for its jewelry shops and is a great place to pick up some traditional Rajasthani jewelry.
5. Take a hot air balloon ride: Experience a bird’s eye view of the city and the surrounding landscape by taking a hot air balloon ride.
8. Ooty, Tamil Nadu
Ooty, also known as Udhagamandalam, is a beautiful hill station located in Tamil Nadu. It is known for its tea plantations, scenic beauty, and pleasant weather.
Couples can take a ride on the Nilgiri Mountain Railway, explore the beautiful Botanical Gardens, and visit the picturesque Ooty Lake. The city also has some beautiful churches and temples that are worth visiting.
What you can do in Ooty Tamil Nadu:
1. Enjoy the Scenic Beauty: Ooty is known for its picturesque landscape, rolling hills, dense forests, and tea plantations. Visitors can enjoy the scenic beauty by taking a walk around Ooty Lake, visiting Botanical Garden or trekking in the nearby hills.
2. Ride on the Nilgiri Mountain Railway: Nilgiri Mountain Railway is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most popular tourist attractions in Ooty. The train ride takes visitors through beautiful tea gardens and dense forests, offering stunning views of the Nilgiri Hills.
3. Visit Doddabetta Peak: Doddabetta is the highest peak in the Nilgiri range, and it offers a panoramic view of the surrounding valleys and mountains.
4. Explore the Tea Plantations: Ooty is known for its tea plantations, and visitors can explore the tea estates, learn about tea production, and even taste some of the finest tea.
5. Visit Ooty Botanical Garden: Ooty Botanical Garden is one of the oldest botanical gardens in India, and it houses a wide variety of plants, flowers, and trees. The garden also has a fossilized tree trunk that is estimated to be over 20 million years old.
9. Jaisalmer, Rajasthan
Jaisalmer, located in the state of Rajasthan, is a popular tourist destination known for its rich history, culture, and stunning architecture. This desert city in Rajasthan offers a unique experience with its sand dunes, camel rides, and fortresses. Explore the Jaisalmer Fort, take a sunset camel ride, and enjoy traditional Rajasthani food.
Here are some things you can do in Jaisalmer:
1. Visit Jaisalmer Fort: Also known as Sonar Qila, this impressive fort is made of yellow sandstone and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It houses several temples, palaces, and Havelis.
2. Explore Patwon Ki Haveli: This is a beautiful haveli (traditional mansion) that belonged to a wealthy merchant family. It is known for its intricate carvings and beautiful architecture.
3. Camel Safari: Jaisalmer is located in the Thar Desert, and one of the best ways to explore the desert is on a camel safari. You can take a half-day or full-day safari and ride through the sand dunes while experiencing the local culture.
4. Visit Gadisar Lake: This is a man-made lake that was built in the 14th century. It is surrounded by temples and ghats, and you can take a boat ride to explore the lake.
5. Attend a cultural show: There are several cultural shows that take place in Jaisalmer in the evening, where you can experience Rajasthani folk music and dance.
10. Mysore, Karnataka
Mysore, located in the state of Karnataka, is a beautiful city with a rich cultural heritage and numerous attractions to visit. Mysore is known for its rich history, beautiful palaces, and vibrant culture. Visit the Mysore Palace, the Brindavan Gardens, and the Chamundeshwari Temple. Mysore is one of the best honeymoon places in India in march
Here are some things you can do in Mysore:
1. Visit the Mysore Palace: The Mysore Palace is a beautiful example of Indian architecture and is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the city.
2. Explore the Chamundi Hills: The Chamundi Hills are located on the outskirts of Mysore and offer panoramic views of the city. The hill also houses the Chamundeshwari Temple, which is dedicated to the Hindu goddess Durga.
3. Stroll through the Brindavan Gardens: The Brindavan Gardens are a beautiful sight to behold, especially at night when the fountains are lit up. The gardens are located near the KRS Dam and are a popular picnic spot for locals and tourists alike.
4. Visit the Mysore Zoo: The Mysore Zoo is one of the oldest and most well-maintained zoos in India. It is home to a wide variety of animals, including tigers, lions, elephants, and monkeys.
5. Take a heritage walk: Mysore has a rich cultural heritage, and taking a guided heritage walk is a great way to learn about the city’s history and architecture.
11. Kumarakom, Kerala
Kumarakom is a beautiful backwater destination located in Kerala. It is known for its scenic beauty, houseboats, and bird sanctuary. Couples can stay in a houseboat, take a boat ride on the backwaters, and enjoy the beautiful sunset. The city also has some beautiful temples and churches that are worth visiting.
What you can do in Kumarakom, Kerala
1. Houseboat ride: A houseboat ride is a must-do activity in Kumarakom. You can rent a houseboat and cruise along the backwaters, enjoying the picturesque scenery, and trying the local cuisine.
2. Bird-watching: Kumarakom is a popular spot for bird watchers, thanks to the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary. The sanctuary is home to several species of migratory and resident birds.
3. Ayurvedic spa: Kerala is known for its traditional Ayurvedic treatments, and Kumarakom has several spas and wellness centers where you can indulge in rejuvenating treatments.
4. Village tour: You can explore the nearby villages and get a glimpse of the local lifestyle, including toddy tapping, coir making, and fishing.
5. Visit the Bay Island Driftwood Museum: This museum has a unique collection of rare and beautiful driftwood sculptures, each with its own story to tell.
6. Kumarakom Beach: Kumarakom has a beautiful beach where you can relax, swim, and enjoy the sun and sand.
In conclusion, India offers a plethora of beautiful and romantic destinations for couples to celebrate their honeymoon in March. From the serene beaches of Andaman and Nicobar Islands and Goa to the majestic hills of Darjeeling and Ooty, India has something to offer for every type of couple. Couples who want to explore cultural heritage can opt for Agra and Jaipur.
The colorful and vibrant festivals of Holi and Shigmo during March make it an ideal time to visit India for couples who wish to experience the rich and diverse Indian culture. With its rich history, diverse culture, stunning landscapes, and warm hospitality, India is undoubtedly a dream destination for honeymooners in March.