May is a great time to plan a honeymoon in India as the weather is generally pleasant in many parts of the country. There are plenty of romantic destinations, depending on your preferences.
One option is to head to the hill stations of North India, such as Manali or Darjeeling. The cool and pleasant weather, breathtaking landscapes, and peaceful surroundings make it an ideal destination for honeymooners. You can take a romantic stroll through the picturesque hills, enjoy adventure activities such as trekking, paragliding, or river rafting, or simply relax in your cozy cottage, sipping hot tea and enjoying the view.
If you prefer the sun and sand, then head to Goa or the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. These popular beach destinations in India are known for their scenic beauty, sandy beaches, and water sports activities. You can spend your days lounging on the beach, soaking up the sun, trying out new water sports, or exploring the local markets and nightlife.
In this blog, we will explore some of the best honeymoon places in India in May. Here are the top 12 best honeymoon places in India in May.
Number of Best Honeymoon Places in India in May
9. Andaman & Nicobar
Let,s know briefly the Best honeymoon Places in India in May
1. Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Manali, a beautiful hill station located in the Indian state of Himachal Pradesh, is a popular destination for honeymooners. Here are some reasons why:
1. Beautiful scenery: Manali is surrounded by snow-capped mountains, lush green forests, and picturesque valleys. The natural beauty of the place makes it an ideal destination for honeymooners.
2. Adventure activities: Manali offers a range of adventure activities such as paragliding, river rafting, skiing, and trekking. These activities are perfect for couples who enjoy a bit of adventure.
3. Romantic getaways: Manali has many romantic spots such as the Solang Valley, Rohtang Pass, and Jogini Waterfalls. These places offer couples a chance to spend quality time together in a beautiful setting.
4. Delicious food: Manali has a variety of cuisines to offer, including traditional Himachali food, Tibetan food, and North Indian food. The local food is known for its unique taste and is a must-try for all foodies.
5. Relaxing spas: Manali has many spas that offer couples a chance to relax and rejuvenate after a long day of sightseeing and adventure activities.
Leh-Ladakh is a beautiful destination for honeymooners who love the outdoors and adventure. With its stunning natural landscapes, unique culture, and exciting activities, it offers a unique and unforgettable experience. Here are some ideas to make your honeymoon in Leh-Ladakh special:
1. Explore the scenic beauty: Leh-Ladakh is known for its stunning natural landscapes, including the majestic Himalayan mountains, sparkling lakes, and meandering rivers. Hire a bike or take a car and go on long drives around Leh-Ladakh and explore its scenic beauty.
2. Visit monasteries: Ladakh is home to several ancient monasteries, which are known for their intricate architecture and rich cultural heritage. Visit some of the monasteries, such as Hemis Monastery, Thiksey Monastery, and Alchi Monastery, and immerse yourself in the rich culture and traditions of the region.
3. Adventure activities: Leh-Ladakh offers a range of adventure activities such as trekking, river rafting, and camping. You can go on a trek to some of the most beautiful places in Ladakh like the Markha Valley, the Zanskar Range, or the Stok Kangri. If you are into river rafting, then the Zanskar and Indus rivers are perfect for you.
4. Experience the local cuisine: Leh-Ladakh has a unique cuisine, which is a blend of Tibetan, Indian, and Central Asian influences. You can try local delicacies like momos, thukpa, and butter tea, which are a must-try.
5. Stargazing: Leh-Ladakh has some of the clearest skies in the world, making it an ideal destination for stargazing. You can go on a night sky tour and witness the beauty of the Milky Way galaxy.
3. Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
Shimla is a popular honeymoon destination in India, located in the beautiful state of Himachal Pradesh. With its pleasant climate, breathtaking landscapes, colonial architecture, and serene ambiance, Shimla offers a romantic and unforgettable experience for newlyweds.
Here are some romantic things to do in Shimla on your honeymoon:
1. Take a leisurely stroll on the Mall Road: The Mall Road is the heart of Shimla and is a must-visit for couples. This bustling street is filled with shops, restaurants, and cafes, and offers stunning views of the hills.
2. Explore the Ridge: The Ridge is a beautiful open space that offers panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. It’s an ideal place for couples to enjoy a romantic walk, especially during sunset.
3. Visit Jakhu Temple: Jakhu Temple is a famous religious site in Shimla, located on Jakhu Hill. The temple offers a magnificent view of the city and is a perfect place to spend some quality time with your partner.
4. Enjoy a scenic train ride: The Shimla-Kalka railway is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and taking a train ride on this route with your partner is a once-in-a-lifetime experience.
5. Go on a trek: Shimla is surrounded by beautiful forests and hills, and going on a trek with your partner can be an excellent way to explore the natural beauty of the region.
4. Ooty, Tamil Nadu
Ooty, also known as Udhagamandalam, is a beautiful hill station located in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. It is a popular destination for honeymooners due to its natural beauty, pleasant weather, and charming colonial architecture. The cool and pleasant weather of Ooty makes it an ideal destination for a honeymoon. The temperature ranges between 15°C to 20°C throughout the year.
Here are some reasons why Ooty is a great choice for a honeymoon destination:
1. Natural beauty: Ooty is surrounded by picturesque mountains, valleys, and forests, which offer breathtaking views and plenty of opportunities for romantic walks and hikes.
2. Colonial charm: Ooty has a unique colonial charm with its old-world architecture and beautiful gardens. The town is home to several historic landmarks, such as the Ooty Botanical Gardens and the Ooty Lake.
3. Adventure activities: Ooty is not just a place to relax, but also offers a range of adventure activities such as trekking, rock climbing, and boating.
4. Romantic accommodations: There are many romantic accommodations in Ooty, ranging from cozy cottages to luxury resorts, that offer couples privacy and comfort.
Goa is a popular honeymoon destination in India, known for its beautiful beaches, scenic beauty, and vibrant culture. Here are some things you can do in Goa during your honeymoon:
1. Relax on the Beaches: Goa is home to some of the most beautiful beaches in India, such as Baga, Calangute, Anjuna, and Palolem. You can spend time sunbathing, swimming, and enjoying water sports like parasailing and jet-skiing.
2. Visit Historical Places: Goa has a rich history, and there are many historical places to explore, such as Fort Aguada, Chapora Fort, and Basilica of Bom Jesus.
3. Enjoy the Nightlife: Goa is famous for its vibrant nightlife, with numerous clubs, bars, and beach parties. You can enjoy live music, dance, and try out different cocktails and cuisines.
4. Try out Water Sports: Goa is a popular destination for adventure enthusiasts, and you can try out various water sports like scuba diving, snorkeling, and windsurfing.
5. Explore Nature: Goa is home to lush forests, waterfalls, and wildlife sanctuaries. You can take a nature walk, trek to Dudhsagar waterfall, or visit Salim Ali Bird Sanctuary.
6. Coorg, Karnataka
Coorg, also known as Kodagu, is a popular honeymoon destination in India. It is located in the southwestern part of Karnataka and is known for its scenic beauty, pleasant weather, and coffee plantations. Here are some reasons why Coorg can be a great choice for your honeymoon:
1. Scenic beauty: Coorg is known for its lush greenery, rolling hills, waterfalls, and scenic landscapes, making it a perfect destination for couples who love nature.
2. Weather: Coorg enjoys a pleasant climate throughout the year, with temperatures ranging from 15°C to 28°C. The weather is perfect for outdoor activities such as trekking, hiking, and camping.
3. Coffee plantations: Coorg is known for its coffee plantations, which provide a unique experience for couples to explore the region and learn about coffee production.
4. Adventure activities: Coorg offers a range of adventure activities such as river rafting, trekking, camping, and mountain biking, making it an ideal destination for adventurous couples.
5. Culture: Coorg has a rich culture and history that can be explored through its temples, festivals, and local cuisine.
7. Darjeeling, West Bengal
Darjeeling is a beautiful hill station located in the state of West Bengal, India. It is known for its picturesque views, tea gardens, and pleasant weather, making it a popular destination for honeymooners. Here are some things to keep in mind if you are considering Darjeeling for your honeymoon:
1. Best time to visit: The best time to visit Darjeeling is between March and May or September and December. These months offer the best weather and clear skies, making it ideal for sightseeing and outdoor activities.
2. Places to visit: Some of the popular tourist spots in Darjeeling include Tiger Hill, Ghum Monastery, Himalayan Mountaineering Institute, Batasia Loop, and the Darjeeling Zoo. You can also visit nearby tea estates like the Happy Valley Tea Estate, and take a ride on the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
3. Accommodation: Darjeeling offers a wide range of accommodation options for honeymooners, including luxury resorts, hotels, and homestays. You can choose from a variety of options depending on your budget and preferences.
4. Local cuisine: Darjeeling is famous for its tea, and you can try different varieties of tea here. You can also try local dishes like momos, thukpa, and chowmein.
5. Activities: Darjeeling offers a range of activities for honeymooners, including trekking, hiking, paragliding, and river rafting. You can also take a romantic stroll in the tea gardens, or enjoy a cup of tea with your loved one while enjoying the scenic views.
8. Udaipur, Rajasthan
Udaipur is an excellent destination for honeymooners. It is a city in the western Indian state of Rajasthan known for its rich history, beautiful lakes, and palaces. Udaipur offers a perfect blend of romance, culture, and luxury, making it an ideal honeymoon destination. Here are some things you can do on your honeymoon in Udaipur:
1. Visit the City Palace: The City Palace is one of the most popular attractions in Udaipur. This palace is a perfect example of Mewar architecture and showcases the rich culture and heritage of the city. You can explore the palace and its many rooms, galleries, and courtyards, and enjoy the stunning views of the city and Lake Pichola.
2. Take a boat ride on Lake Pichola: Lake Pichola is one of the most beautiful lakes in Udaipur, and a boat rides on it is a must-do activity. You can enjoy the stunning views of the city, the palaces, and the hills while floating on the calm waters of the lake. You can also watch the sunset from the boat, which is a truly romantic experience.
3. Visit the Jagdish Temple: The Jagdish Temple is a beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is located in the heart of the city. The temple has intricate carvings and beautiful architecture that showcase the rich heritage of the city.
4. Enjoy a romantic dinner at a rooftop restaurant: Udaipur has many rooftop restaurants that offer stunning views of the city and the lakes. You can enjoy a romantic dinner with your partner while enjoying the beautiful view and the delicious local cuisine.
5. Explore the local markets: Udaipur is known for its handicrafts, jewelry, and textiles. You can explore the local markets and shop for some souvenirs to take back home.
9. Andaman & Nicobar Islands
Andaman & Nicobar is a great destination for honeymooners who are looking for a mix of adventure, relaxation, and romance. Here are some suggestions for your honeymoon in Andaman & Nicobar:
1. Beaches: Andaman & Nicobar has some of the most beautiful and unspoiled beaches in India. You can spend your days sunbathing, swimming, or taking romantic walks along the shore. Some of the best beaches to visit include Radhanagar Beach, Elephant Beach, and Corbyn’s Cove Beach.
2. Scuba Diving: The Andaman & Nicobar Islands are famous for their crystal clear waters and abundant marine life. If you and your partner are adventure enthusiasts, you can go scuba diving and explore the underwater world together. Some of the best dive sites include Havelock Island, Neil Island, and Mahatma Gandhi Marine National Park.
3. Romantic Sunset Cruise: You can take a romantic sunset cruise in the Andaman Sea and watch the sun go down together. This is a great way to relax and unwind after a busy day of sightseeing.
4. Visit Cellular Jail: If you and your partner are interested in history, you can visit the Cellular Jail in Port Blair. This colonial-era jail was used to imprison Indian freedom fighters during British rule. You can learn about the history of the jail and the struggle for India’s independence.
5. Island Hopping: Andaman & Nicobar is home to many small islands, each with its own unique charm. You can take a boat tour and visit some of these islands together. Some of the most popular islands to visit include Ross Island, Viper Island, and Baratang Island.
10. Nainital, Uttarakhand
Nainital is a beautiful destination for honeymooners. It is a hill station located in the northern state of Uttarakhand in India and is known for its serene lakes, lush green hills, and pleasant weather. Here are some things that you can do in Nainital for your honeymoon:
1. Enjoy a boat ride on Naini Lake: Naini Lake is the most popular attraction in Nainital. You can take a boat ride with your partner and enjoy the serene surroundings.
2. Visit the Naina Devi Temple: This temple is dedicated to the Hindu goddess Naina Devi and is situated on the northern shore of Naini Lake. It is considered to be one of the most important shrines in the region.
3. Take a stroll on the Mall Road: The Mall Road is a popular shopping destination in Nainital. You can take a leisurely walk with your partner and shop for souvenirs.
4. Enjoy the scenic views from Tiffin Top: Tiffin Top is a popular viewpoint in Nainital that offers stunning views of the Himalayan mountain range. You can take a trek to this spot and enjoy the scenery with your partner.
5. Go on a nature walk: Nainital is surrounded by lush green hills and forests. You can take a nature walk with your partner and explore the beautiful surroundings.
11. Auli, Uttarakhand
Auli is a beautiful destination in the state of Uttarakhand, India, and it can be a great option for a honeymoon. The place is known for its scenic beauty, tranquil ambiance, and snow-capped mountains. Here are some things you might want to consider when planning a honeymoon in Auli:
1. Best time to visit: The best time to visit Auli is from December to February if you want to experience snowfall and enjoy winter sports. However, if you prefer a mild climate, you can plan your trip between April and June or September and November.
2. Accommodation: Auli has a range of accommodation options, from budget-friendly homestays to luxurious resorts. You can choose the one that suits your preference and budget.
3. Things to do: Auli offers a range of activities for honeymooners, such as skiing, trekking, camping, and cable car rides. You can also explore local attractions such as the Auli Artificial Lake, Trishul Peak, and the Valley of Flowers National Park.
4. Local cuisine: The local cuisine in Auli is delicious and includes dishes like Kafuli, Bhang ki Chutney, and Phaanu. You can try these dishes at local eateries and cafes.
5. Travel arrangements: You can reach Auli by road or air. The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, and the nearest railway station is Haridwar. From there, you can hire a taxi or take a bus to Auli.
12. Munnar, Kerala
Munnar, a beautiful hill station located in the state of Kerala, India, is a great destination for a honeymoon. It offers a perfect blend of natural beauty, pleasant weather, and a tranquil atmosphere that will make your honeymoon a memorable one.
Some of the things you can do in Munnar for your honeymoon include:
1. Visit the tea gardens: Munnar is known for its tea plantations and a visit to one of these tea gardens can be an excellent way to spend some quality time with your loved one.
2. Trekking: Munnar has several scenic trekking trails that offer breathtaking views of the surrounding hills and valleys. It can be a great way to explore the natural beauty of the region.
3. Waterfalls: There are several waterfalls in and around Munnar, such as the Attukal Waterfalls and the Lakkam Waterfalls. You can enjoy the beauty of these waterfalls and also take a refreshing dip.
4. Wildlife sanctuary: The Eravikulam National Park, located near Munnar, is home to several endangered species of flora and fauna, including the Nilgiri Tahr. A visit to the park can be a great way to witness the beauty of nature up close.
5. Ayurvedic spa: Munnar is also known for its Ayurvedic spas, which offer a range of massages and treatments that can help you relax and rejuvenate.
Overall, India offers a wide range of options for honeymooners in May. Whether you’re looking for a beach vacation, a hill station adventure, or a cultural experience, India has something for every couple. Goa, Manali, Udaipur, and Darjeeling are among the top honeymoon destinations to consider in India during the month of May.